To Offer Private Jet Rewards Through the Membership Rewards(R) Program
Introductory Offer: Cardmembers Redeeming for Private Jet Flights for the First Time Receive a Savings of 50% Off
NEW YORK, Aug. 25 /PRNewswire/ — American Express today announced that it has enhanced its Membership Rewards(R) program with the addition of Private Jet Rewards, a new luxury travel redemption option allowing Cardmembers to redeem points for private jet travel through Bombardier Skyjet and Flexjet. Now through December 31, 2005, Cardmembers redeeming points for private jet travel can take advantage of a special introductory redemption offer* to redeem 195,000 points for a $5,000 credit toward the purchase of a private jet flight – a savings of 50% off the number of points typically required. Cardmembers can redeem points for up to a $20,000 credit and receive a 50% savings during the introductory period:
* To receive a $10,000 credit toward the purchase of a private jet flight, Cardmembers redeem 390,000 points vs. the 768,000 points typically required.
* To receive a $15,000 credit toward the purchase of a private jet flight, Cardmembers redeem 585,000 points vs. the 1,152,000 points typically required.
* To receive a $20,000 credit toward the purchase of a private jet flight, Cardmembers redeem 780,000 points vs. the 1,536,000 points typically required.
The Private Jet Rewards program enables Cardmembers to choose when and how they’ll fly when booking their next trip. It also gives them access to thousands of airports – domestic and international – that are unavailable to commercial airlines. Cardmembers can choose from two private jet services from Bombardier:
* Bombardier Skyjet – This convenient, pay-as-you-fly charter service enables Cardmembers to experience the luxury of private jet travel, while paying on a flight-by-flight basis. Plus, Cardmembers have access to the Skyjet Personal Jet Concierge, a dedicated point-of-contact to assist with all arrangements connected to booking their flight.
* Bombardier Flexjet – This premier fractional ownership program offers the Flexjet Membership Card, which is the ideal solution for Cardmembers who fly less than 50 hours per year but desire the exclusive aircraft, crew and personalized service that Flexjet provides. The Flexjet Membership Card is a perfect next step for those who are considering private jet ownership or who want to supplement their current flying needs. With Flexjet Membership, travelers can purchase flying time in 25-hour increments on the Flexjet fleet of Learjet 45, Learjet 60 and Challenger 604 aircraft. In addition to being able to redeem points for the Flexjet Membership Card, American Express Cardmembers who are also Flexjet fractional owners can redeem points for Flexjet flight hours through the Versatility Plus Program.
For more information about the Private Jet Rewards option, or to redeem points for private jet travel, Cardmembers can call the Membership Rewards program toll free number, 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276) and select the Land and Sea Vacations desk option. A team of dedicated private jet specialists with American Express Consumer Travel can help Cardmembers choose the option that will best suite their needs as well as assist with arrangements for booking private jet travel.
“Private Jet Rewards is an exciting addition to the Membership Rewards program,” said Ralph Andretta, senior vice president and general manager, Membership Rewards, American Express. “Traveling by private jet has become more popular and now with the launch of Private Jet Rewards, Cardmembers can redeem points to experience private jet travel. Giving Cardmembers reward choices and flexibility is our goal and private jet travel is a perfect addition to a long lineup of options offered in the Membership Rewards program.”
“We are delighted to have been chosen by the American Express Membership Rewards program as the first provider of private jet rewards travel,” said Michael McQuay, president, Bombardier Aircraft Services. “With our complete range of offerings through Bombardier Skyjet and the Flexjet Membership Card, we are uniquely able to provide Cardmembers with both top-quality private jet charter services and access to the industry’s most elite fractional ownership fleet,” he added.
Bombardier Skyjet has accepted the American Express(R) Card for payment for private jet travel since 2004 and is a partner in the Private Jet Services Program, a special benefit offered to Platinum Card(R) and Centurion(R) Card members. Through this program, Card members can book private jet services that cater to their needs on six leading private jet companies. In addition, the Program delivers a variety of rich amenities that vary by company including: additional hours of flight time, service credits for use toward in- flight catering, ground transportation or frequent flyer bonus miles or points.
“Private jet services continue to grow in popularity among high-spending consumers who seek luxury travel experiences,” said Lynne Biggar, senior vice president and general manager of the American Express Consumer Travel Network. “American Express is happy to expand the luxury offerings we provide our customers through this new service, a natural extension to the Private Jet Services Program that has already taken off.”
The Membership Rewards program from American Express is the largest card- based rewards program in the world, with more than 140 redemption partners. The program allows Cardmembers to earn one point for virtually every dollar charged on eligible enrolled American Express Cards(1). Many Cards offer the ability to earn double bonus points for purchases in Everyday Spend categories that include supermarkets, gas stations, drugstores, U.S. Postal Service and wireless phone bill payments(2).
Membership Rewards points are redeemable in a wide selection of reward categories, including travel, retail merchandise, entertainment, shopping and recreation gift certificates, experiences, financial services and charity rewards. Enrollees may also customize their own redemption experiences through the program’s Your Reward(R) option and use points for just about anything they can imagine. Points have no expiration date, and there is no limit on the number of points you can earn.
For more information about the redemption options in the Membership Rewards program, log on to http://www.americanexpress.com/membershiprewards or to redeem points, call 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276).
American Express Company is a diversified worldwide travel, network and financial services provider founded in 1850. It is a world leader in charge and credit cards, Travelers Cheques, travel, financial planning, investment products, insurance and international banking. For more information, visit http://www.americanexpress.com/.
Established in 1995 and based in Dallas, Texas, Bombardier Flexjet is the fractional business jet ownership program of Bombardier Aerospace, offering shares in Bombardier aircraft and the 25-hour Flexjet Membership Card. Founded in 1997, Washington, D.C.-based Bombardier Skyjet offers on-demand private jet travel services through its quality network of charter operators, as well as jet card-membership programs including the Skyjet Card. For more information, visit http://www.flexjet.com/ or http://www.skyjet.com/ (3). A world-leading manufacturer of innovative transportation solutions, from regional aircraft and business jets to rail transportation equipment, Bombardier, Inc. is a global corporation headquartered in Canada. Its revenues for the fiscal year ended January 31, 2005 were $15.8 billion U.S. and its shares are traded on the Toronto stock exchange (BBD). News and information are available at http://www.bombardier.com/.
(1) Some Cards require enrollment and the payment of an annual program fee. Terms and conditions may vary.
(2) Cardmembers earn double points for virtually every dollar spent at stand-alone supermarkets, drug stores, gas stations, the U.S. Postal service and payments of wireless phone bills. Not valid in the departments of superstores or warehouse clubs. Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards program apply. Rewards partners and available rewards are subject to change.
(3) Bombardier, Flexjet and Skyjet are trademarks of Bombardier, Inc. or its subsidiaries.
* Special introductory offer is for first-time redeemers only and valid for up to $20,000 off on a private jet booking made now through December 31, 2005.
Travel with American Express. Click Here to Apply: http://www.itravelmag.com/travel-links-bycat.php?category=Travel%20Credit%20Cards