Cardmembers Have More Ways To Earn Points
NEW YORK, April 18 /PRNewswire/ — American Express and Hilton HHonors Worldwide today announced a richer Hilton HHonors(R) Platinum Credit Card from American Express with new benefits that build upon the valuable features already offered on the fee-free Card. The new benefits will give Cardmembers more opportunities to earn points, including online booking bonuses and spending bonuses in select categories enabling Cardmembers to earn points faster.
The new Card benefits include:
* Five Hilton HHonors bonus points for every eligible dollar charged to the Card for purchases at U.S. restaurants, supermarkets, gas stations, drug stores that are not departments of superstores or warehouse clubs, the United States Postal Service and for wireless phone bill payments.
* 500 Hilton HHonors bonus points for each qualifying stay at a participating Hilton Family hotel when the stay is booked online at any Hilton Family hotel website and paid for with the Card.
* Upgrade to Gold VIP HHonors status for spending $20,000 or more on the Card in a calendar year(1).
“We are delighted to give Cardmembers more opportunities to earn points and get rewards faster,” said Beth Lacey, senior vice president and general manager, Strategic Alliances and Cobrands at American Express. “These new benefits provide premium value to our Cardmembers for the money they’re spending at Hilton Family hotels and everywhere else they use the Card.”
“Working with our partners at American Express, we are committed to offering our joint customers exceptional value,” said Adam Burke, senior vice president and managing director — Hilton HHonors Worldwide. “With the relaunch of the Hilton HHonors Platinum Credit Card, we’re thrilled to give Cardmembers one of the most lucrative earnings propositions available.”
The Hilton HHonors Platinum Credit Card continues to deliver the existing core benefits including:
* Three Hilton HHonors bonus points for every eligible dollar charged to the Card.
* Five Hilton HHonors bonus points for every eligible U.S. dollar spent at over 2,700 Hilton Family hotels worldwide, including: Hilton(R), Conrad(R), Coral by Hilton, Doubletree(R), Embassy Suites Hotels(R), Hampton Inn(R), Hampton Inn and Suites(R), Hilton Garden Inn(R), Hilton Grand Vacations Club(R), Homewood Suites by Hilton(R) and Scandic hotels.
* No cap on the number of points Cardmembers can earn and no expiration date.
* Complimentary HHonors Silver VIP status for the duration of Cardmembership.
* Free Year-End Summary of all charges, listed by month and category, to help simplify and manage expenses.
The Hilton HHonors Platinum Credit Card also offers a number of key American Express(R) Card benefits including: 24-hour customer service; Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance(2); Purchase Protection Plan(2), which protects covered items purchased with the Card from accidental damage or theft; Buyer’s Assurance Plan(2), which extends the original manufacturer’s warranty on covered items for up to one additional year; and Global Assist(R) Hotline, which provides traveling Cardmembers with a variety of travel information and 24-hour assistance.
Hilton HHonors points earned with the Card can be redeemed for free Hilton Family hotel stays, airline tickets, cruises, entertainment and merchandise rewards. For more information about the benefit and services offered on the Card, visit http://www.americanexpress.com/hilton.
About Hilton HHonors
Hilton HHonors is a guest reward program that gives frequent travelers a faster way to earn the rewards they want most. Enrolled members can Double Dip(R) to earn HHonors points and airline miles for the same stay, at nearly any rate, at more than 2,700 participating Hilton(R), Conrad(R), Coral by Hilton, Doubletree(R), Embassy Suites Hotels(R), Hampton Inn(R), Hampton Inn & Suites(R), Hilton Garden Inn(R), Hilton Grand Vacations Club(R), Homewood Suites by Hilton(R) and Scandic hotels.
Due to the unmatched flexibility, generosity and value offered by HHonors program features, as well as the many attractive promotions that HHonors offers each year, the program has been recognized with numerous travel industry awards.
Membership in HHonors is free. Travelers may enroll online by visiting http://www.hiltonfamily.com/. Or, to enroll instantly in the program and make reservations, consumers in the U.S. and Canada may call 1-800-HHONORS. Outside the U.S. and Canada, travelers may call the Hilton Reservations Worldwide office in their area. Travelers also may enroll at any participating Hilton, Conrad, Coral by Hilton, Doubletree, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hampton Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hilton Grand Vacations Club, Homewood Suites by Hilton or Scandic hotel around the world.
About American Express
American Express Company is a diversified worldwide travel, financial and network services company founded in 1850. It is a world leader in charge and credit cards, Travelers Cheques, travel, financial planning, business services, insurance and international banking. For more information, visit http://www.americanexpress.com/.
(1) For a one-year period beginning no later than April of the following calendar year.
(2) Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.