PORTLAND, OR — (MARKET WIRE) — 12/19/2005 — TheBigDayTravel (www.TheBigDay.com) marries high-touch with high-tech, utilizing knowledgeable travel experts around the country to help couples find the hottest honeymoon destinations. The most respected online honeymoon travel service in the world, TheBigDayTravel provides destination specialists and top-of-the-line, easy-to-use planning tools to make managing the honeymoon planning process a breeze.
TheBigDayTravel also offers the modern solution to traditional wedding gifts: The most popular online honeymoon travel registry in the world. The only limit to the honeymoon registry is the couple’s imagination.
In 2005, couples who registered their honeymoon trips at TheBigDay.com created registries including everything from “his and her bathing suits” to “private fishing charters.” Some registry items were more unusual than others! The following list was compiled from real honeymoon registries on TheBigDay.com.
TheBigDayTravel’s Top 10 Quirky Honeymoon Travel Gifts for 2005 are:
1. Bail us out of jail for protesting the bullfights! (Spain)
2. Be a pirate for an evening (Mexico)
3. Stay at a llama farm (United Kingdom)
4. Falconry lessons (Scotland)
5. Ghost walking tour (Italy)
6. Crazy Monkey Canopy Ride (Costa Rica)
7. Cage diving in Shark Alley (South Africa)
8. Crocodile hunting (Australia)
9. Astronomy “Tour of the Stars” for two (Tahiti)
10. Snake charming lessons (India)
With gifts purchased through TheBigDayTravel’s honeymoon registry, couples can easily upgrade their honeymoon experience, transforming an ordinary honeymoon to a first-class getaway. In fact, couples using the registry receive an average of $2000 in honeymoon gifts. The record is just over $28,000!
Weddings are a $72 billion annual industry in the United States:
– 3 out of 4 couples use a wedding registry. Each couple has an average
of 2.7 registries.
– More couples who create honeymoon registries choose TheBigDayTravel
than all other honeymoon registries combined.
– Couples on all 7 continents and from over 120 countries have chosen
TheBigDayTravel to book their honeymoons and register for gifts.
About TheBigDayTravel (www.TheBigDay.com)
TheBigDayTravel helps couples plan, enjoy and afford spectacular honeymoon getaways. The Oregon-based company, founded in 2001, has quickly grown to become the most widely used honeymoon travel agency and honeymoon gift registry in the world. Named a Better Business Bureau “Business of the Year” in 2004 for Innovative Business Practices, TheBigDayTravel is also proud to be a member of the Wedding Industry Association, ensuring ethical, high-quality services and support for wedding couples, their families and guests.