Current Survey by Visitors Bureau Staff Reports Minimal Disruption in Area’s Gas Supply
OUTER BANKS, N.C., Sept. 2 /PRNewswire/ — As of 1 p.m. today, there are plenty of service stations in The Outer Banks of North Carolina that have a supply of gas for Labor Day weekend visitors, according to The Outer Banks Visitors Bureau.
In response to travelers’ concerns about gas supplies for the holiday weekend, the bureau has posted a running inventory of gas stations’ supply on its Web site www.outerbanks.org, which currently reports a majority of stations have gas and those with low supplies are expecting weekend deliveries. Marinas also are stocked with gas for boaters’ needs.
“Based on what we’re hearing from the front lines of our fuel service stations, there currently is no significant gas supply disruption in our area,” said Carolyn McCormick, the Bureau’s managing director, in announcing results of her staff’s ongoing fuel survey. “We’re welcoming travelers to our shores for what is forecast to be a beautifully sunny weekend.”
McCormick urged visitors to conserve energy by making smart travel decisions such as carpooling when possible, taking the shortest routes and using their most fuel-efficient vehicles.
The Bureau’s staff will be updating the fuel survey throughout the weekend, and visitors can log onto www.outerbanks.org or call (877) 629-4386 for the latest report on the area’s gas supply.
Calls made between 9:30 -11 A.M. Prices listed are for regular unleaded, unless noted. If no prices are listed, stations did not want to share prices.
– Border Station–has gas @ $2.99
– Southland-has gas @ 2.99
– Quality Plus, Coinjock, has gas.
– Henry’s, has gas @ 3.29
Kill Devil Hills:
– 7-11 has gas @ 3.39 for mid grade.
– Quality Plus has gas
– Gas House has gas @ 3.39
– Texaco has gas
– 7-11 has gas
– Red Apple, Ocean Bay Drive, has gas. No price given.
– Red Apple, 158, has gas, but no premium at moment. Expecting delivery.
Price @ 3.27
– Hess has low supply of gas and no diesel
– 7-11 has gas @3.39 for medium grade.
– 7-11 has gas.
– Quality Plus has gas.
– Whalebone Chevron has gas.
– Shell has of gas.
– Hess Has gas and will receive shipments
– Red Apple has gas.
– Shell has gas @ 3.29
– 7-11 has gas @ 3.29 r/3.39 mid grade
– Manns Red & White has low supply of gas. Expects delivery. Price @3.29
– White’s Shopping Center has gas.
– Askins Creek. Has gas and expects delivery over weekend.
– BreezeThru Chevron has gas.
– Kinnakeet Corner-has gas. Expects delivery.
– Island Convenience – has gas.
– Red Drum has gas @3.05 r/3.15 m/3.25 prem.
– Frisco Woods Campground has gas
– Frisco Rod & Gun has a low supply
– Blue Whale has a low supply. Expecting delivery soon.
– Salvo Marina & Market has a low supply. Expecting a delivery.
– North Beach Campground has gas.
– Oregon Inlet Fishing Center, has gas @ 3.49 Diesel for boats only
– Pirate’s Cove Marina, has gas @ Diesel $2.50 Reg.$3.50
– Mann’s Harbor Marina only has diesel for boats.
– Broad Creek Marina has gas
– Hatteras Harbor Marina has gas–Diesel @ $2.42 Marine Gas/$3.00-3.40
– Oden’s Dock has gas
– Teach’s Lair has gas @ Diesel $2.42 Road Gas: 3.14
Other areas of NC
– Columbia-Amoco has gas but placed a limit of 25 gallons per purchase
until expected delivery arrives. Regular @ 3.59.
– Elizabeth City Shell, has gas and expects delivery over weekend.
– Columbia, Hess, plenty of gas
– Oaks Amoco /BP Station, low on gas, limited and looking out for local
– Plymouth, Making Tracks, low but expecting shipment today.@ 3.29
– Raleigh has stations.
Sampling of VA stations
– Williamsburg, Mobil has gas @ 2.89
– Williamsburg, Citgo has gas @3.48
– Chesapeake, Great Bridge area, Amoco, has gas @3.19
– Chesapeake, Deep Creek area, has gas, @3.09
– Chesapeake, Great Bridge, has gas @3.09
– Virginia Beach, near airport, has gas.
– Portsmouth, near Rte 17 and I 664, low, expect delivery over weekend
About The Outer Banks
The Outer Banks of North Carolina is a chain of barrier islands midway on the Atlantic Seaboard. Home of the world’s largest estuary system, The Outer Banks is made up of several towns and islands, including Duck, Hatteras Island, Kill Devil Hills, Kitty Hawk, Nags Head, Roanoke Island and Southern Shores. The Outer Banks Visitors Bureau is a public authority and the lead marketing and promotional agency for Dare County’s Outer Banks.
Compare Car Rental Prices. Click Here: http://www.itravelmag.com/travel-links-bycat.php?category=Car%20Rentals