Cruise of Eastern Seaboard Features Guest Chefs, Wine Experts, Culinary Tours
MIAMI, Aug. 23 /PRNewswire/ — The intimate, all-suite Seabourn Pride will host its Third Annual Great American Food & Wine Festival on a 14-day cruise departing New York on October 16, 2005 bound for Nassau.
Guests on board the ultra luxury ship will enjoy cooking demonstrations and dinner menus featuring signature dishes by some of America’s most acclaimed chefs, as well as wine tastings and pairings featuring award-winning American vintages. Optional shore excursions will also highlight the regional cuisines in many of the ports of call.
Guest chefs scheduled to appear include Charlie Palmer, one of only three chefs elected to this year’s Forbes’ Celebrity 100 list of movers and shakers. Also appearing will be chef Sue Torres, whose Mexican-inspired Suenos in New York has garnered praises from the New York Times, New Yorker and Vogue, among others, and Jean Marie LaCroix, whose eponymous restaurant on Philadelphia’s Rittenhouse Square was named the “Best new restaurant throughout the United States” by Esquire Magazine in 2003 and “Philadelphia’s best new restaurant … in a decade” by Philadelphia Magazine.
Wine consultant Rita Faires of Intervine will join the cruise to host tastings and present pairings of American wines to accompany dinner on board.
The yacht-like ship will call at many of America’s most important colonial cities, including Newport, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Mt. Vernon, Yorktown, Charleston, Savannah, Amelia Island and Port Canaveral. Many ports of call will feature specially-created culinary excursions, such as:
* Philadelphia: a comparative tasting of Philly Cheese Steaks on site at the rival Geno’s and Pat’s and a morning Shopping with the Chef tour in the Italian Market section.
* Baltimore: a classic luncheon feast of steamed blue crabs at Bo Brooks’ crab shack and, afterward, a tour of the historic 220-year old Lexington Marketplace.
* Charleston: Amanda Dew Manning leads a tour of “Lowcountry” culinary heritage including a demonstration and luncheon. Our free Exclusively Seabourn experience is a ride by horsedrawn carriage to a traditional Southern tea in a 19th century home.
* Savannah: A walking tour of the town’s stately squares and a family- style lunch of Southern specialties at the famous Mrs. Wilkes’ Boardinghouse.
* Amelia Island: a luncheon at The Florida House Inn, Florida’s oldest surviving hotel, in the Victorian-era Fernandina Beach Historic District.
* Port Canaveral: “Follow the Wild Ocean Shrimp” — a boat tour of the Indian River Lagoon and a shrimp processor, then feast on local shrimp at the famous Dixie Crossroads.
With Early Booking Savings of up to 39%, fares start from $6,948 per person, based on double occupancy of a 277-square foot ocean-view suite. Past guests of Seabourn or any member line of World’s Leading Cruise Lines (Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, Holland America Line or Windstar Cruises) qualify for Signature Value Savings of 50%, and fares from $5,695 per person, double. For information or to reserve a suite, contact your travel agent, call Seabourn at 1-800-929-9391 or visit http://www.seabourn.com/ .
The Yachts of Seabourn, the highest-rated cruise line by the readers of Travel + Leisure and Departures magazines, provides the ultimate in ultra luxury cruise vacations to the most desirable destinations on earth.
The Yachts of Seabourn is a proud member of World’s Leading Cruise Lines. Our exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises and Windstar Cruises. Sharing a passion to please each guest, and a commitment to quality and value, our member lines appeal to a wide range of lifestyles and budgets. Together we offer exciting and enriching cruise vacations to the world’s most desirable destinations. The Yachts of Seabourn is a brand of Carnival Corporation and plc (NYSE:CCL) (NYSE:and) (NYSE:CUK) , and supports the Ocean Conservation & Tourism Alliance, dedicated to education and promotion of best practices for protecting the marine environment.
For the Greatest Restaurant Deals Around the Country Click Here: http://www.itravelmag.com/travel-links-bycat.php?category=Restaurants